One of my favorite things to do is to look at photos for inspiration. I scour Pinterest, dog ear pages in magazines and flip through coffee table books to find images that make me happy and that I’m compelled to recreate in some way on my own. Here are some of the things that are inspiring me right now.
1. The colder it gets the more I find myself reaching for slouchy warm sweaters like the one above. The more they fall off the shoulder, the better.
2. I love the way the red of those mugs jumps out at me. Lately I’ve been incorporating the color into more of my outfits via a shiny red manicure. There’s something so classic about that color.
3. Tousled, beachy waves. I’m embracing the undone look and have been breaking out my curling iron a lot more lately to create my version of this trend.
4. I was never an ankle boots with jeans kind of girl before. I just didn’t understand how to make them work together, but recently I’ve been eyeing the cuffed denim trend and I’ve tried it a few times with success.
1. I blogged a while ago about my love of the coffee table book as decor trend and this first picture pretty much encapsulates that. The white tulips are a great added touch and I’d love to do something like that in my home office.
2. I’ve also become obsessed with ring holders lately. I love the idea of using an unexpected object to hang my jewelry from like a little ceramic figurine, but this umbrella ring dish from Anthropologie does the trick too.
3. You know about my love of bar carts so I think this picture speaks for itself.
4. These little teacups are dainty and unique and I also think they’d be really easy to make as a cheap DIY project or as gifts.
1. This picture makes me want to take my runs outdoors more often, despite the chilly weather. A change of scenery is always nice.
2. I’m still dying to try a Barre class and the studio near me just opened so I think a visit is in my near future!
3. I love this picture. It reminds me to stop complaining and just do the work when it comes to health and fitness. You get out of it what you put into it.
4. I’m making this my mantra for November.
What’s inspiring you lately?