I spent a few hours on Saturday Christmas shopping with Brian. I’m in pretty good shape right now. Both of my sisters are done as well as my parents. We have gifts picked out for Brian’s sister and brother-in-law and he bought something for his parents so I’m feeling pretty prepared right now. Even so, December is a stressful and expensive month. There’s Christmas, Brian’s birthday, my mom’s birthday (same day–isn’t that funny?), my sister Danielle’s birthday and my anniversary. So the month is packed full of celebrations and lots of gift giving.
That’s why when I was approached by the company Man Crates to put together a his and her holiday survival kit I had to laugh. That is something I desperately need and I thought it would be fun to put together.
Here are my picks:
1. I need a great party dress to get me from Thanksgiving to New Years and all the little celebrations in between. A great dress makes everything easier.
2. A bottle of Merlot. I love red wine and nothing helps me relax at the end of the day like a glass or two of my favorite Merlot. A bottle of wine also makes a great go-to hostess gift for holiday parties.
3. A chunky cozy scarf is a must for all those cold weather errands. Besides, a good scarf pulls together any look even if it’s your Sunday afternoon jeans and a T-shirt.
4. Winter pajamas. I buy a new pair every year, preferably in a pattern that screams holiday like a red plaid or something Christmasy to make me feel festive while I wrap presents and drink hot chocolate…or wine…let’s be real…it’s probably wine.
4. My curling wand. I have naturally wavy hair that looks a little messy if I let it air dry. My curling wand works miracles. I just curl random pieces of my hair and suddenly it looks styled. Voila.
Here are Brian’s picks:
1. A warm sweater to get him through the holidays.
2. Cigars. Brian loooooves to smoke cigars out on our tiny deck with the a glass of Knob Creek. It’s how he relaxes at the end of a long day or particularly stressful week.
3. It wouldn’t be the holidays without a binge session of The Walking Dead, Brian’s favorite show. Brian is a teacher so he gets plenty of time off around the holidays, which is perfect for lounging in PJ’s and watching some quality TV.
4. Knob Creek. For explanation, refer to #2.
5. Comfy slippers. The end of any holiday celebration calls for comfy pajamas and a pair cozy slippers. Relaxation at its finest!
I had fun putting these survival guides together, mostly because I love themed presents. I think they make great gifts. That’s one of the reason I liked Man Crates when I checked them out. The company’s gift crates are totally unique and many of their selections are themed. Here are a few of my favorites:
I think either of these would make awesome gifts for the men in your life.
Happy Shopping! I will see you tomorrow!