The line between healthy and unhealthy can be pretty thin. What starts out as a clean eating can quickly turn into a restricted diet. A daily gym habit can become an obsession. For some, the difference is very clear. For others, not so much. I know this is a pretty heavy topic for a random Tuesday, but it’s an important one.
You have to be able identify where the line is. When it comes to healthy living, how much is too much? There have definitely been times in my life when I’ve gone to the extreme. The idea of skipping a workout was terrifying and certain foods were off limits. That’s a pretty exhausting way to live. Was I in good shape? Yes, but truth be told, I look just as good now and I don’t practice those unhealthy behaviors anymore. They aren’t necessary.
For me, the line is crossed when healthy living stops being a choice. When you feel compelled to workout or eat a certain way to abate the guilt you feel when you don’t, there’s a problem.
Now, for the reason I’m bringing up this topic today. Earlier this month Madelyn Moon reached out to me. I knew her through her work promoting Skoop, which I wrote about here. It turns out Madelyn is also a body image and disordered eating coach who also hosts the podcast Mind Body Musings. She has since left Skoop to focus on her coaching practice. This month Madelyn is starting a group coaching program called “Four Weeks to Body Freedom.”
This program is designed to help those struggling with disordered eating, negative body image, obsessive dieting, exercise addiction and a constant state of mind that involves comparing their body to others. The details are below:
- The program starts January 19th and runs until February 13th. Materials will be given to the attendees to keep.
- The deadline to register is January 18th at 5:00 PM MST.
- It costs $199
- A new lesson every week. The content will be yours to keep during and after the program.
- Weekly videos where Madelyn discuss the week’s lesson and walks you through key points that will help you to cultivate unconditional body respect and food freedom.
- 24/7 email support
- Action steps and exercises that will ultimately bring you closer to understanding yourself, and in turn, discovering your infinite potential.
- Nutrition and fitness guidance that is structured with balance, pleasure and progress all in mind
Full disclosure, I was offered the chance to be an affiliate for this program so I will be compensated for anyone that signs up for Madelyn’s service via the link below, but even if I wasn’t, I’d still take the opportunity to share this program. It addresses an issue near and dear to my heart.
If you know anyone you think might be interested in Madelyn’s coaching services, please pass this along. She has also given me permission to give out her email address to anyone who wants to talk about this opportunity further. You can email me at email@example.com to let me know.
Thanks for reading xoxoxo