day in the life

A Day In the Life

Hi Guys, I hope everyone had a great Monday. Mine started with another unexpected work from home day. I knew they were predicting we’d get about another 12 inches or so of snow overnight, but since it’s New England you never know if that’s actually going to happen. So, my day looked like this:

4:45 alarm goes off….I hit snooze

5:00 it goes off again and I get up and look out the window and see this


Since it was still snowing and our parking lot was not plowed I decide to skip the gym and sleep in until 6:00.

6:00 I get up, shower, eat breakfast, have coffee #1 and debate whether or not to drive into the office. I ultimately decided no (which was a good choice) then I dry my hair, put on makeup and some sweats.

7:30 I jump online to begin the work day while drinking coffee #2.


I swear I don’t live in a cave. This picture is just unusually dark and it was still early.

7:30-9:15 I answer emails, respond to reader comments and schedule tweets and Facebook posts for the magazine.

9:15-10:45 I start tracking down some high-res images for a projector guide that’s going to appear in the March issue of our magazine.

10:45-12:00 I put together the three weekly email newsletters we send to our online members.

12:00 Lunch Time!


12:20 I make changes to the projector guide I had already finished. I found out one of the products I included is being discontinued so I track down a new photo of a different product and rewrite the copy that goes with it.

1:10 Coffee #3

1:10-3:00 I put together my travel itinerary (I’m leaving for a work trip to Austin, TX today) including flight and hotel info and my meeting schedule.

3:00-4:30 I finish packing and sign offline a little early to take care of some last minute things before my trip.

Monday wasn’t exactly a typical day. For one, I’m usually in the office. I’m also usually doing a lot more interviewing and writing, but since I’m leaving, Monday was more of a tie up loose ends kind of day for me and a lot lighter on the workload than usual. I was really happy for the snow day since it gave me more time at home with Oscar and Brian before I go. I’ll only be away three nights, but I still miss them so much when I’m gone. I laugh at myself because if I have such a hard time leaving my cat (and my boyfriend) I don’t know what it’s going to be like when I have children some day lol. I guess I’ll figure it out when I get there 🙂 .

Alrighty, that’s it for me. Have a great day everyone. I will see you tomorrow with a workout roundup!


One thought on “A Day In the Life

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s