Happy Thursday! In keeping with last week, I’m making today another survey day. This one first appeared on Nut Butter Runner and it’s all about three of my favorite things. Like I said before I looooooove taking a peek at other’s healthy habits and I’m always inspired by what you guys are doing so pick a few of your favorite questions and play along in the comments!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
Same thing I always eat, Kashi cereal with almond milk and a coffee. I rotate between Kashi GOLEAN Crisp Cinnamon Crumble, Berry Crumble, Honey Almond and Flax and Kashi GOLEAN Crunch.
2. How much water do you drink a day?
Not nearly enough. I usually go through two of these a day. One of my goals for 2015 is to drink more water.
3. What is your current favorite workout
Always running, but lately I’m also loving strength training workouts from Pumps and Iron. Here’s one of my favs.
4. How many calories a day do you eat?
I don’t know. I don’t count calories anymore. I used to be way too obsessed with that, but now I focus on making healthy choices and staying active. So far it’s worked and I’ve maintained a healthy and consistent weight. I also don’t think it’s a great idea to harp on calories since everyone’s needs vary. Body size and activity level have a lot to do with how many calories you need a day. I’d rather move the conversation towards good food choices and an active lifestyle.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
I love Pink Lady apples. I eat one almost every day. I also like oatmeal with raisins, almond butter and whole wheat toast and paleo blueberry muffins.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Sometimes I eat leftovers from dinner. Other times I’ll eat an almond butter sandwich and some kind of fruit. Salads are another option I like to rotate in. I use bagged iceberg lettuce and then add sliced cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and red peppers.
7. What’s your favorite body part to strength train?
It’s a tie between abs and upper body.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
9. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
I don’t. Vitamins actually make me sick. Two years ago I started taking a multivitamin and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I would swallow the vitamin and then several minutes later be hit with a horrible wave of nausea and run to the bathroom to drive heave. I finally figured out it was the vitamin. I tried eating before I took one and even tried drinking milk, which someone recommended I try, and nothing seemed to help so I gave up.
10. Who is your biggest supporter
I can’t pick one. My parents, my sisters and Brian.
11. Do you have a gym membership?
Yes I do! I’m a Planet Fitness girl.
12. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
I get about 7 hours of sleep.
13. What has been the best thing that has changed since you committed to a healthy lifestyle?
My energy level and my outlook on life. I’m a lot more relaxed and positive.
14. What was the healthy thing you did?
I ordered a Jawbone Up band. I just set it up last night 🙂
15. What is one of your fitness goals this year?
Not all of these are fitness related, but they are all part of a healthy lifestyle.
Your turn! Pick two questions (or more) and answer them.