Yesterday was April 1st and with every new month I like to take a second to write down my health and wellness goals and really commit to them. But, before I do that I want to quickly apologize for not popping in with a Workout Wednesday post. Work has been insane lately and I’ve been putting in longer hours. I also took a Pure barre Tuesday night and by the time I got home I was way too beat to think about writing anymore for the day. I guess that’s bound to happen from time to time when your full time job isn’t blogging, but I still feel slightly guilty when I fail to check in.
Ok, now back to today’s regularly scheduled post. I’m talking April goals!
1. Be Balanced: I want to continue along my current path of pairing running with Pure Barre. It’s a nice departure from usual heavy cardio workouts and my body seems to be responding well to the combination.
2. Be Fearless: One of my goals is to do something everyday that pushes me just a little farther outside of my comfort zone. I have a tendency to get too comfortable and I think it’s important I continue to do and to learn new things.
3. Drink Water: I failed miserably at this last month. Now I have my new Pure Barre water bottle and no excuses!
4. More variety in my lunches: I’m trying to stay away from usual almond butter and bagel sandwiches. Yesterday I brought a homemade chicken (light) ceasar salad with a pita pocket on the side.
5. Stretch: I’m awful at remembering to stretch before and after I work out. I really want to get into the habit since it’s so much better for your muscles.
What are your health and wellness goals this month?